Not long ago, I discovered a beautiful blog justonecookbook.com which is created by Nami. Although I have never met her in person, her friendly, sincere attitude has inspired me ever since. It was around Christmas time that Nami had mentioned about this peanut butter cookie recipe on her blog. I like Nami's idea of substituting 1/2 cup of brown sugar for 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, and using the extra crunch peanut butter. When I baked these cookies last night, I adapted Nami's recipe by using chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips. I also added one teaspoon of vanilla extract to enhance flavor. Despite all the resolutions which are still fresh in our mind, how can we resist the allure of scrumptious cookies?
Breaking chocolate into small piecesIngredients
1 cup extra crunch peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar (I only used 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup chocolate chunks
Cocoa powder for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat peanut butter, egg, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract at medium speed slightly.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool on a baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder over top.