Christmas is approaching. It's time for holiday cookie baking. Shortbread cookies are one of my favorites in my holiday cookie recipe collection. They are easy to make, and are perfect for gifts.
Holiday cookies are ready to go
1 cup unsalted butter - softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour and salt together. Set the flour mixture aside.
- Beat butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add icing sugar and continue beating. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture into the butter mixture. Beat until dough becomes smooth.
- Stir in dried fruit.
- Divide the dough in half. Transfer each dough to a plastic wrap and shape it into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap the logs in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Cut the logs into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown.