I came across this recipe from allrecipes.com and have been using it ever since. My favorite part of this recipe is the crunchy and buttery topping. I reduce both white and brown sugar a tiny bit to suit my own preference. These banana crumb muffins surely make a great snack or afternoon tea for my family.
Adapted from http://allrecipes.comIngredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas - mashed
3/4 cup white sugar - I use 2/3 cup
1 egg - lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter - melted
1/3 cup brown sugar - I use 1/4 cup
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter
Pinch ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 10 - 12 muffin cups, or line with paper liners.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg, sugar, mashed bananas and melted butter well.
- Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture. Continue beating until smooth.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- For the topping mixture, place brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins