I baked some poppy seed shortbread today. The recipe is the same as pecan ball recipe, only substituting poppy seeds for chopped pecans.
2 cups flour
1 cup butter - softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, using a flat paddle attachment, beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add flour and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Shape the dough into about 3/4" balls.
- Place the balls 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Transfer to wire rack. Let cool.
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.
Hi Evelyn! I've never seen shortbread with poppy seeds before. I'm more of a shortbread person than typical American cookies, so this is really tempting~~~! You have so many delicious recipes here. It'll take a long time for me to explore. ;-)ReplyDelete
Thank you, Nami!ReplyDelete