When life is busy and hectic, no matter how much we enjoy cooking, finding time to cook can be nearly impossible. If you are in this situation, having some canned food is always handy. I don't stock up on canned food, only a few favorite ones in the pantry for an emergency. I have this creamy tomato mushroom recipe for quite some time. When I am on the go and don't have time to prepare a fancy meal, this quick and easy recipe will help me solve the problem.
1/4 cup extra lean ground pork
1 can 10 oz. fl. cream of mushroom soup - condensed
1 can 10 oz. fl. tomato soup - condensed
1 can 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes - don't drain
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup shredded carrot
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon green onions - chopped
- Season ground pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Saute ground pork for one minute.
- Add mushroom soup, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, shredded carrot and water to the ground pork. Stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Turn down the temperature to low heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve with toast.
Makes 2 to 3 servings.