2 blocks Udon noodles
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 bunch of Chinese bok choy
1 cup crimini mushrooms - chopped
1/2 cup cooked shrimp
3 sticks simulated king crab - cut into half crosswise
1/4 cup green onion
3 garlic cloves - thinly sliced crosswise for making garlic flakes
2 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
Each bag contains 5 blocks of noodles
Two blocks for two servings
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add sliced garlic to the oil. Fry until brown, but not burned. Remove garlic flakes from the oil and put them in a small bowl. Save the oil.
- Place water in a large pot (about 2/3 full) and bring it to boil. Add frozen udon noodles to the boiling water. Cook until water boils again. Drain and rinse the noodles in cold water. Place them in two serving bowls. Set aside.
- Put the 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth into a pot and bring it to boil.
- Add one teaspoon of oil from the fried garlic flakes to the broth.
- Add the vegetable into the broth and cook for one minute.
- Add mushrooms, simulated king crab and cooked shrimp to the broth.
- Once the soup is boiled, pour over the noodles in the bowls.
- Add some chopped green onion, garlic flakes, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce to each bowl of noodles and serve.
Makes two servings.