It is true that I didn't make this 'Egg Florentine' from scratch. I just cooked and assembled the ingredients that I bought from the supermarket. Should I feel guilty about that? No, I shouldn't. How many people would be making their own bacon, ham or sausages for their breakfast? I mean from scratch. Even most of the restaurants don't make them. Anyway, I had a delicious breakfast this morning. Everything was so well done. The poached egg turned out the way I wanted.
I hope you enjoy the recipe.
This recipe is for one serving.
1 cup fresh spinach
1 slice prosciutto (ham would be fine)
1 package of Hollandaise sauce mix
For the spinach
- Place fresh spinach in a microwavable bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of water to the bowl.
- Cover and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Drain the water and set aside.
- Pour water into a saucepan until half full.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add one tablespoon of vinegar to the water.
- Turn down the heat to simmer.
- Slowly crack an egg and drop it to the water.
- Gently move the egg around.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or to your desire.
- Remove from heat.
For Hollandaise sauce - Follow the package directions.
To assemble the Egg Florentine, cut the croissant in half. Arrange the cooked spinach on top of one side of the croissant. Add a layer of prosciutto. Top with a poached egg and pour Hollandaise sauce over. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment