Sometimes a little side dish shouldn't be ignored even though it doesn't play a major role in a meal. This 'Cucumber With Garlic and Soy Sauce' is one of my favorite side dishes. It can go with any salmon, Vietnamese rolls or noodles. Since it is mixed with lots of garlic, the aroma is just amazing.
6 garlic cloves - chopped
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes - optional
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Peel off the cucumber skin. Cut into strips and place them in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute slightly - about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, chili flakes and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of the cucumber strips.
- Mix and sprinkle sesame seeds over top.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Makes 2 servings.