Sometimes I like a little simplicity. That includes a basic and simple recipe. This omelette I just made only requires two ingredients. Perhaps I am cheating, because I don't include oil and salt in the ingredients. In this case, I still think it is simple enough. When I went grocery shopping the other day, I saw some slim, elegant looking asparagus in the produce section, and thought that I should get them as we don't see them that often. I love asparagus, not only do their colors attract me, but their crispy texture also suits my taste.
1/2 cup asparagus - chopped
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup water
Pinch of salt
Microwave the asparagus for 45 seconds
Drain off the water
- Put water in a microwavable bowl and add asparagus to it.
- Microwave for 45 seconds.
- Drain off the water. Set asparagus aside.
- Beat two eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour half of the liquid egg mixture into the pan. Spread the liquid evenly. Lay half of the asparagus on one side of the egg when it is softly set.
- Fold the omelette over and cook until it is set.
- Place the omelette on a serving plate.
- Cook the last omelette with the same procedure.
- Save a little bit of asparagus and put them on top of the omelette.
- Serve immediately.
Makes one to two servings.
Post a Comment