This blueberry pound cake is great for afternoon tea. The key to making the pound cake perfect is to beat butter and sugar until the mixture becomes very smooth. Adding some powdered milk can enhance the taste of the cake. If you have a new neighbour moving next door, you may consider baking this rich buttery pound cake as a welcoming present.
9" X 5" loaf pan
2 cups cake and pastry flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter or margarine - softened
1/4 cup powdered milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 9"X 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, powdered milk and salt together.
- With a stand mixer, beat butter or margarine at high speed until creamy.
- Add sugar and continue beating. About 1 minute.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat for 1 minute each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture a little bit at a time into butter mixture, beat with low speed. Scrap the side of the bowl with spatula occasionally.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.
Post a Comment