We have finally reached the last day of 2011. Wishing you all a wealthy and healthy new year! This is going to be my last recipe of 2011. I will try my best to find more good recipes to share with you in the coming year. Happy New Year!
3 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
400g shrimp - peeled and deveined
1 cup vegetable broth
6 garlic cloves - minced
2 rosemary sprigs
3 basil leaves
1/4 cup heavy cream
300 g or 10 oz. linguine - cooked
Pinch salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil - more for drizzling
1 tablespoon butter
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute tomatoes and half of the minced garlic until tomatoes are softened.
- Add in rosemary, basil and vegetable broth and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and place them in a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Clean the skillet and return to medium heat. Heat the butter and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute the remaining minced garlic.
- Add shrimp to the garlic and saute until the shrimp start to turn pink.
- Add the pureed tomato sauce and heavy cream to the shrimp.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cooked linguine pasta to the skillet and toss with the sauce and shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the linguine.
- Serve with garlic toast.