Early this morning, when I tried to think of what meals I should prepare, my mind just went blank. I couldn't come up with anything at all. Perhaps I was just finding an excuse, I could just be too lazy to think. I got spoiled by the Thanksgiving weekend as I didn't really have to cook for a few days. Nevertheless, my cooking mood should come back soon. I know myself very well. I know that my passion in cooking seldom disappears. In order to get me back on my feet without stressing me out, I decided to make something simple for our dinner. Finally, green curry pork stew was served on time tonight with rice on the side. The meal was tasty. The green curry paste that I used was very mild which I totally preferred. My day in the kitchen ended peacefully, and now I look forward to starting a new day tomorrow.
1 lb boneless pork - cut into 1/2" cubes
2 garlic cloves - minced
1 cup onion - chopped
1/2 cup carrots - chopped
5 tablespoons green curry paste
1 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 teaspoons water
Pinch salt and pepper
- In a pot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion.
- Add pork and cook until brown.
- Add green curry paste, carrots and coconut milk.
- Cover and simmer for one hour or until tender over low heat.
- In a small bowl, mix corn starch with water.
- Add the corn starch mixture to the pork. Stir until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with rice.