In this recipe, I was using my homemade buns to make toast. You can use any sandwich bread that you like. Easily cut each slice of the sandwich bread into four pieces. I kept the crust on, and it tasted just fine.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
4 slices sandwich bread
1/2 cup roasted chicken - diced (can substitute ham, shrimp or crabmeat)
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 tablespoons sour cream
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Pinch of dry parsley and chives.
I use these tiny homemade buns to make toast
Each slice of the bun is about the same size of a quarter piece of a normal sliced bread
- In a bowl, mix chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream and mozzarella cheese well. Set aside.
- Spread butter or margarine on both side of each slice of bread.
- Cut each slice into 4 pieces.
- Put them in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Spread the chicken mixture on top of toast and bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some dry parsley and chives. Serve immediately.